It's time to do right by our kids.
In June 2012, a couple dozen organizations sought out to make 2013 the "Year of the Student." Today, the Year of the Student coalition includes 170 organizations and 9,500+ individuals and the 2013 legislative session has drawn to a close. So what happened?
Because of the Year of the Student coalition's efforts, students will be much better off next year than they were this year, but there's still a lot of work to do.
Our efforts continue in 2014.
What You Can Do
- Engage with your legislator during the ongoing session.
- Sign up for updates about actions 2014 for Students will be taking in the coming year.
- Read our letter to the Joint Budget Committee asking that students get their fair share as the state budget process gets underway.
- Add your name to the list demanding that as Colorado recovers, so do our students.
- Read a summary of accomplishments in 2013 and the still-substantial to-do list for Colorado students.