The 2013: Year of the Student Project is bringing together organizations and individuals who agree that the time has come for state leaders to take meaningful action to reinvest in our students and in our future.
The Project stands for these principles:
- After multiple years of cuts, Colorado’s students – preschool through higher education – cannot wait any longer for us to provide the resources they need to succeed as citizens and members of the workforce:
- High‐quality, accessible early childhood education
- Highly prepared, effective and supported teachers
- Challenging curriculum, individualized attention, expanded learning opportunities
- Affordable, quality post‐secondary education options
- With reforms and policies in place involving P‐20 standards and accountability, educator quality and student achievement, Colorado students stand to benefit profoundly from new investment in public education.
- State leaders can and must take action in the 2013 legislative session.
- The time has come to do right by Colorado’s students.